GETTING STARTED - CREDIT CARD APPROVERS
Credit card approver responsibilities
As a Credit card approver, your responsibilities include timely reviews of all credit card applications. As an approver, you must review each credit card application for accuracy, determine if the credit card limits are reasonable and that the card features
requested is appropriate for the applicant's needs. As an approver you are allowed to update, edit, decline or submit an application. You should not approve an application unless ALL of the information on the application is reasonable and accurate.
Steps to get started as credit card approvers
Step 1 - Get familiar with the program
- If you were not involved in preliminary preparations, contact your division/department leadership.
- Discuss any credit card related division or department policies/procedures.
- Verify the user list you’ll be responsible for approving.
- Familiarize yourself with any special division or department purchasing needs (for example, physical gas purchasing limits, campus computer store limits, etc.).
- Ask your leadership who your GEMS divisional or departmental Representative is. This person will be your point person if any questions/issues arise.
Step 2 - Signup for training
- Additional information about the types of training and how to sign up for them can be found on our Training page.
Step 3 - Approve credit card applications
- You will receive an email notification from firstname.lastname@example.org. You may need to configure your email so that emails from this address do not get picked up in any spam filters. Contact 4-tech if you need help on how to do this.
- Make sure your email is forwarded to your email@example.com email address.
Important note: If your email contains extra qualifier(s) (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) then you must forward your basic firstname.lastname@example.org email address here.
- Login to https://gems.uchicago.edu/apply and review pending applications in your My Work section.
- If a user's exec level or department are not correct, you must work with your HR Administrator to correct the information in HR Administrative systems.
- If a user's ledger number or account number are missing or incorrect, you must correct this information before approving the user's application.